Become a FAB Coach!
You don’t need to be a runner to experience the rewards of coaching FAB Girls.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a FAB coach. As a coach, you will make a difference in the lives of young girls by teaching them the skills to reach their goal of crossing the finish line, and helping them become strong women. We hope you will find coaching FAB Girls a very rewarding experience!
The following outlines the FAB Girls 5K Challenge Program coaching expectations and time commitment from April to June 2018:
- Together with three additional coaches you will co-facilitate 90-minute sessions, once per week for 12 weeks, at one designated program location in Hamilton.
- Additionally, you will accompany FAB Girls by bus to five events held on Saturdays* from approximately 8 a.m. – noon including:
- Program kick-off assembly in late March or early April
- Volunteering at the Burlington Runner’s Club *Good Friday run in April
- The 3K Mud Run in May
- The 4K Challenge and shoe distribution in late May or June
- The FAB 5K Community Challenge in June
- New coaches are required to:
- Attend training in winter 2017/2018
- Provide proof of CPR / First Aid Certification or attend and complete CPR/First Aid
- A clear police check and vulnerable sector screening are mandatory
- Sign and adhere to the FAB Girls 5K Challenge Program coach’s Code of Conduct training provided by Fit Active Beautiful Foundation and FAB Values Agreement, and fulfill requirements outlined in the FAB Girls 5K Challenge Program roles and responsibilities
Please note: all times indicated above are approximate and do not include personal travel time.
*We understand and respect that life commitments will cause the inability to always ride the bus and attend all FAB sessions and events. We ask that you please make every effort to be there for the FAB Girls.
Click here to complete and submit an online coach application.
Click here for additional volunteer opportunities.